SCP Update – March 2022
Highlights on Titles Cataloged for CDL-Managed Electronic Collections in February 2022
- ACM Digital Library Complete: 197
- CNPe-Reading (易阅通) (Local-L DDA): 1,074
- JSTOR Books DDA: 312
- University of Chicago Oriental Institute publications (Local-OA): 144
- Collection level records: 12
Link to the full reports:
Highlights on Other Activities:
- Getting eBook records from GOBI: ready and waiting for GOBI to send files for three eBooks collections (Cambridge, Springers, and Wiley)
- SCP Project priority for 2022Q1 is on track to complete title level cataloging for the IARC collections. Thanks to Becky Culbertson. Also thanks to Kate Garvey-Clasby for importing/adding portfolios (individual title level access) for three collections (Berlin studies of the Ancient World, University of Chicago Oriental Institute publications, Getty Publication Virtual Library).
- SCP staff also worked with CDL E-Resource Team (ERT) on bringing in portfolios for some licensed collections, such as Latin American Anarchist and Labour Periodicals.
- SCP catalogers also continue to explore workflows, such as
- Alma collection overlap analysis tool to be use to determine the overlap percentage of titles from a CZ OA collection to titles already existed in CDL managed collections.
- Manual replacing of CZ bib and merge dup title(s) between CZ activated and NZ records.
- CDL Staff:
- Adriana Moran has moved on to a new job after 14 years as CDL Acquisitions Coordinator. We appreciate her contributions to the success of CDL and wish her the best.
- Sherry Lochhaas has joined the CDL Shared Collections Program as the Electronic Resources Services Manager on March 7, 2022, filling Holly Eggleston’s vacancy. She is joining us from UC Berkeley, where she has held the Electronic Resources Librarian position, and before that was the Electronic Resources Specialist. Sherry will take the lead on administering the lifecycle for the resources CDL manages on behalf of the UC campuses and labs.
- Lisa Mackinder has been appointed as Assistant Director of Systemwide Licensing and Collection Services for the California Digital Library. Lisa comes to this role with 14 years of directly related experience, and has been ably carrying out the responsibilities of this role in an interim capacity since June 2021. Lisa came to CDL in January, 2021 as Licensing Analyst.
Report an Alma/Primo VE problem: This page was created outlining for campuses on how and when they should report access issues to CDL. It is also linked from CDL’s Report a Problem page under “Report a SILS (Alma or Primo VE) Problem”.