The California Digital Library (CDL) is a unit within the department of Academic Personnel and Programs, which sits within the Division of Academic Affairs at the UC Office of the President.
Associate Vice Provost and Executive Director (AVP/ED)
Günter Waibel, Associate Vice Provost and Executive Director
As the associate vice provost and executive director (AVP/ED) of CDL, Günter Waibel plays a vital role in several organizations and UC systemwide committees, including:
- California Digital Library: Provides leadership, direction, strategic vision, management and decision making to the CDL. Fosters strategic partnerships at the state, national, and international levels.
- UC Office of the President: Acts as the Associate Vice Provost of the department of Academic Personnel and Programs, which sits within the Division of Academic Affairs.
- Council of University Librarians (CoUL): In partnership with the University Librarian from each campus, provides collaborative leadership and strategic planning for the UC Libraries, developing combined strategies for optimizing the strengths of a 10-library system.
- Systemwide Library and Scholarly Information Advisory Committee (SLASIAC): Serves on SLASIAC, a provost-appointed advisory committee to the CDL and the ten campus libraries on systemwide policies, plans, programs and strategic priorities; SLASIAC is charged with providing budget and planning oversight for the CDL.
- UC Committee on Library and Scholarly Communication (UCOLASC): Serves as a consultant on UCOLASC, a committee of the UC Academic Senate tasked with advising the UC President concerning the administration of the University libraries.
Finance & Operations Director
Zainab Olaosebikan, Finance & Operations Director
In her role, Zainab will oversee all aspects of CDL operations, including its financial activities, audit and compliance, contracts and grants, and human resources. She reports to Günter Waibel, CDL’s AVP/ED.
Systemwide Library Planning Analyst
Danielle Watters Westbrook, Systemwide Library Planning Analyst
Under the direction of CDL’s AVP/ED and reporting to the deputy director of operations, the systemwide library planning analyst supports the work of UC systemwide library committees, including the Council of University Librarians (CoUL), the Systemwide Library and Scholarly Information Advisory Committee (SLASIAC), and the Shared Library Facilities Board (SLFB). Danielle Westbrook contributes to systemwide strategic planning, assessment, policy development, communication, and other committee activities.
Robin James, Executive Assistant to AVP/ED and Administrative Assistant to AED
As executive assistant to CDL’s AVP/ED, and administrative assistant to the AED, Robin James plays a key role in managing the daily activities of the executive office.
Executive Office Team
|Waibel, Günter||Associate Vice Provost and Executive Director||
|James, Robin||Executive Assistant||
|Nip, Daisy||Systemwide Data Analyst||
|Watters Westbrook, Danielle||Systemwide Library Planning Analyst||