The California Digital Library is not only committed to making it easy for end users to find, access, and share information, but also to making the tech and systems that support our services open to the greater tech community.
CDL System Overviews
Calisphere provides free access to unique and historically important artifacts for research, teaching, and general exploration.
- Calisphere APIs
- Calisphere and Shared DAMS code repositories
- Calisphere contributor knowledge base
- Submit a Calisphere support ticket
Cobweb is an open source platform to support collaborative and coordinated collection development for web archives.
DMPTool is a free service that helps researchers and institutions create high-quality data management plans.
eScholarship is the open access repository and scholarly publishing platform for the University of California.
- eScholarship API
- eScholarship code repositories
- eScholarship developer documentation
- eScholarship contributor knowledge base
- Submit a ticket
EZID makes it easy to create and manage long-term, globally unique identifiers for data and sources.
Merritt is a digital preservation repository that lets the UC community manage, archive, and share digital content.
OAC provides access to primary sources through collection guides and digitized images and documents.
- OAC and XTF code repositories
- OAC contributor knowledge base
- Encoded Archival Description (EAD) guidelines for OAC
- Submit an OAC support ticket
UC DAMS (Nuxeo) is a digital asset management system (or DAMS) hosted by the CDL used by the UC Libraries to create and manage object-level metadata and content.
- UC DAMS (Nuxeo) API
- UC DAMS (Nuxeo) code repositories
- UC DAMS (Nuxeo) developer documentation
- UC DAMS (Nuxeo) contributor knowledge base
- Submit a Nuxeo support ticket
Zephir ingests, stores, and manages bibliographic metadata from HathiTrust contributors and exports this data for use in other HathiTrust systems.
For details on contributing content for preservation or publication, see Resources for Content Contributors.