SCP Update – June 2023
Highlights on Titles Cataloged for CDL-Managed Electronic Collections in May 2023
- ACM Digital Library Complete: 9
- AIP Books Collection 2: 6
- ASCE E-books and Standards 2019-2023: 10
- Cambridge eBooks without Partner Presses: 2023 All eBooks: 535 (GOBI)
- CNPe-Reading (易阅通) (Local-L DDA): 532
- Gerritsen Women’s History Collection of Aletta H. Jacobs: 295
- IEEE Electronic Library (IEL): 499
- JSTOR Books DDA: 238
- Taylor & Francis eBooks (STMnetbase/CRC Press) 2021-2022: 79 (New)
- Note: the collection has 4002 titles and most are CZ bib records
- Springer English/International eBooks 2022 – Full Set: 201 (GOBI)
- Springer German Language eBooks 2022 – Full Set: 209 (GOBI)
- Springer English/International eBooks 2023 – Full Set: 1128 (GOBI)
- Springer German Language eBooks 2023 – Full Set: 193 (GOBI)
- Wiley Online Library Frontlist All English Titles 2023: 233 (GOBI)
- Collection level bib records: 2
Link to the full reports
Highlights on Other Activities:
- SCP and CDL ERT members are busy launching end-of-year new contents.
- Zhenben Full Text Discovery (珍本全文发现): has set up and activated in Alma. For details, click here
- EPS China Statistics: Four new databases added: China Steel Statistics, Hong Kong Statistics, Macao Statistics, Taiwan County and City Statistics; participants now have access to a total of 84 databases from this platform.
- OSO 2023 frontlist, a 1-year purchase: ERT/SCP has updated GOBI Tech Spec to receive and load records from GOBI; and will keep 2023 frontlist and 2021 frontlist as two separate collections (CDL doesn’t license 2022 frontlist)
- ASCE: SCP is adding 2023 contents; titles from 2019-2023 have been added into the collection: American Society of Civil Engineers ASCE E-books and Standards 2019-2023; and have pre 2019 titles in another collection: American Society of Civil Engineers ASCE E-books and Standards (-2018).
- GOBI gap analysis continues: completed Springer 2021 reconciliation for both English and German collections, 578 English and 49 German titles for a total of 627 have been added to these two collections.
- Jayne Dickson is retiring at the end of June 2023. As a Senior Information Services Analyst at CDL Information Services, Jayne is well known to all the campuses for her provision of countless CDL Helpline support tickets. She also has been responsible for the monthly CDLINFO, CDL’s newsletter. Included in the newsletter are announcements of new CDL tier 1 and 2 resources. She has been responsible for sending out alerts for vendor outages and quality assurance testing, and providing IP address updates to vendors. We appreciate all her tremendous support and contributions for so many years. Congratulations to Jayne on your retirement!
Report an Alma/Primo VE problem: This page outlines how and when campuses should report access issues to CDL. This page can be found under CDL’s Report a Problem page under “Report a SILS (Alma or Primo VE) Problem”.