SCP Update – September 2022
Highlights on Titles Cataloged for CDL-Managed Electronic Collections in August 2022
- ACM Digital Library Complete: 150
- Airiti Books (華藝中文電子書) (Local-L DDA): 414
- American Society of Civil Engineers ASCE E-books and Standards 2022: 20 (New)
- CNPe-Reading (易阅通) (Local-L DDA): 492
- Cambridge eBooks without Partner Presses: 2022 All Books: 199 (GOBI)
- JSTOR Books DDA: 118
- Maruzen eBook Library Purchased: 44 (brought from CDL IZ)
- Springer English/International eBooks 2022 – Full Set: 764 (GOBI)
- Springer German Language eBooks 2022 – Full Set: 77 (GOBI)
- Wiley Online Library All English Titles 2022: 122 (GOBI)
Link to the full reports (Login to UCOP SharePoint Portal is required)
- 2022-08-Total Portfolio Count of CDL-Managed Electronic Collections
- 2022-08-Collection level bib records of CDL-Managed Electronic Collections
Highlights on Other Activities:
- As a result of CDL IZ and SILS NZ gap analysis and collection overlap analysis, SCP activated six CZ OA collections:
- Core Historical Literature of Agriculture
- E-Periodica Journals
- Making of America Books
- Open Textbook Library
- SciELO (CDI Only)
- Readex/Newsbank Hispanic American Newspapers: an end of year purchase. SCP evaluated the collection and decided to replace CZ bib records for portfolios with records UCSD cataloged in OCLC. SCP has started a matching process which can be challenging and some may require manual matching.
- ProQuest EBA History Vault and Historical Newspapers: SCP is working on replacing CZ bib records starting with the EBA titles in History Vault, including 40+ titles from CDL IZ that SCP cataloged before migration.
- CNPeReading DDA: From March through July, cataloging was on pause since access was limited to certain pages of each resource during the agreement renewal. Cataloging for CNPeReading DDA resumed in August, and the backlog can be eliminated in a month.
- Maruzen eBook Collections: per bibliographer’s request, SCP merged two Maruzen collections, Maruzen eBook Library DDA Purchased and Maruzen eBook Library Reference, into one Maruzen eBook Library Purchased. Cleanup is in process. Access should not be affected. Once the cleanup is complete, newly purchased titles will be added to the collection.
- Network Zone standalone portfolio cleanup: most of monographic standalone portfolios, such as duplicated portfolios for ProjectMuse, UC Press via deGruyter, have been removed, standalone portfolios for serials are still in progress for removal.
- Re-indexing for CJK languages in the Sandbox: A while back, we discovered that Alma was not properly searching CJK language queries. The Resource Management OST, as well as additional UC SILS members, met with Ex Libris about possible solutions. We tested one of Ex Libris’ recommended options in the NZ, UCLA, and UCSD Alma sandboxes. Ex Libris started the process on Tuesday, August 30, 2022 for all three sandboxes. We are experiencing extreme slowness in our Alma and Primo VE sandboxes as well as selected Alma search issues in the sandbox environments. Production environments appear to be fine. We are currently in the process of troubleshooting with Ex Libris. The Network Zone’s ticket with Ex Libris is 06405399. (From Gem Stone-Logan’s email to SILS-Cohort)
Report an Alma/Primo VE problem: This page outlines how and when campuses should report access issues to CDL. This page can be found under CDL’s Report a Problem page under “Report a SILS (Alma or Primo VE) Problem”.