UC3 Dash Service Update: December 2014
The UC3 Dash (https://dash.ucop.edu) service provides an easy-to-use solution for the effective curation of and access to research data. Dash is a centralized UC3-hosted service, with UC campus and DataONE branded instances.
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- We added a new instance of Dash in December: UC Santa Cruz Dash, https://dash.library.ucsc.edu.
- We are currently working to bring up two more instances of Dash: UCSF Dash and Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory Dash.
- We continue to work towards obtaining approval for our Merritt Recharge Proposal, which also affects Dash costs. Read about the current status of charging for Dash usage at http://cdluc3.github.io/dash/costs.
- Trisha Cruse, UC3 Director, retired from CDL after 20 years of service in UC including her previous position at UCSD. Trisha was the original director of the Digital Preservation Program and UC3, and she oversaw the development of our services. More information on her career can be found here: http://cdlib.org/2015/01/12/patricia-cruse-cdl. We wish her the best!
- Carly Strasser, Data Curation Project Manager, has left her position at CDL, and is now working for DataCite. Congrats Carly!
Dash Service Description
Dash is a new, easy-to-use solution for the effective curation of and access to campus research data.
Connect with Dash
- Please send any questions or general correspondence to email@example.com.
- Read more about the code, the project, and contributing to development on the Dash GitHub site: http://cdluc3.github.io/dash.
- Log enhancements or bugs on the Dash GitHub Issues page: https://github.com/cdluc3/dash/issues.
- Check out our Dash Facebook, Google+ and Twitter accounts.
The Dash project began as DataShare, a collaboration among UC3, the University of California San Francisco Library and Center for Knowledge Management, and the UCSF Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI).