WAS Service Update: March 2014
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- Presentation. Rosalie Lack (WAS Service Manager) will be chairing a lightning talk session at the upcoming Society of American Archivists (SAA) Conference in August, in Washington, DC. The session title is “From Crawling to Walking: Improving Access to Web Archives.” The session will hear from speakers ‘lightning style’ (5 minutes each) about the challenges and solutions to promoting access and discovery of web archives. Speakers include:
- John Bence, University Archivist, Emory University
- Rick Fitzgerald, Librarian, Library of Congress
- Polina Ilieva, Head of Archives & Special Collections, UC San Francisco
- Benn Joseph, Manuscript Librarian, Northwestern University
- Rosalie Lack, WAS Service Manager, CDL
- Anna Perricci, Web Archiving Project Librarian, Columbia University
- Meg Tuomala, Electronic Records Archivist, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Olga Virakhovskaya, Assistant Archivist, Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan
- Jennifer Wright, Archives and Information Management Team Leader, Smithsonian Institution
- Jane Zhang, Assistant Professor, Catholic University of America
- Storage. The technical team continues work on migrating WAS storage to San Diego Supercomputer Center.
New public content
- UC Berkeley Library
UC Berkeley Library has created an archive of the library website starting from April 2009.
WAS Activity, January – March 2014
- 106 archives actively collected
- 1157 total sites collected
- 2.5 TB of data collected
WAS Service Description
The Web Archiving Service (WAS) enables librarians, archivists and researchers to capture, curate and preserve websites and web‐published materials. WAS makes it easy to build web archives, with scheduling and other tools to help manage your archive. You control public access to your archives and can configure the appearance and navigation of each archive. We also provide collection development consultation and help desk support for web archiving questions.
WAS Service Manager
WAS Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
WAS training materials and guides are available here: http://webarchives.cdlib.org/learning_center.
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html.