CDL Position: Communications/Marketing Coordinator
University of California – California Digital Library (CDL) Communications/Marketing Coordinator (Sr. Communications Analyst)
If you’re a mission-driven professional with enthusiasm for innovation in higher education, explore this position at the University of California’s California Digital Library (CDL). As Communications/Marketing Coordinator, you will be responsible for strategic communications and marketing for a world-class digital library serving faculty, students, and staff at the University of California and beyond, assisting directors and managers clarify their communications objectives, defining and articulating their messages, and preparing their communications and marketing materials. You will make recommendations for marketing research, branding and product positioning and help us effectively communicate our messages about complex digital library services. Other responsibilities include overseeing the development and maintenance of the distribution channels and good practice guidelines that support communication at the CDL in general. This position may hire and supervise CDL technical writing staff and other contract communications and copywriting staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, business administration or related field.
- Knowledge of communications and marketing practice as demonstrated by at least five years of relevant professional experience promoting, marketing, or supporting use of an online information product/service; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of best principles and practices in performing marketing research and/or needs assessment experience for information services.
- Familiarity with web design and maintenance and best practices for writing in a web-based context.
- Strong analytical skills, creative thinking and writing capability as demonstrated by the ability to focus on key issues, gather, assess, and synthesize information and recommendations from a wide variety of sources on a broad range of issues to formulate messaging and positioning statements.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical issues at a conceptual level and effectively convey and explain information to users.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to interact collaboratively and productively with diverse technical and programmatic staff and professional staff across the UC system.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with University and media communications staff and manage outside vendors and agencies.
HOW TO APPLY: For a complete job description or to apply for this position, please visit: https://jobs.ucop.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=54538
To review a complete list of all of UCOP’s open positions please visit University of California Office of the President Employment Website: http://jobs.ucop.edu