CDL Recruiting for Publishing Support Programmer
By Lisa Schiff, Technical Lead, eScholarship Publishing Group
The Publishing Group of the California Digital Library provides open access digital publication services to the University of California academic community, supports widespread distribution of UC research materials, and fosters new models of scholarly publishing through the development and application of advanced technologies. It is home to the University’s eScholarship program, a strategic publishing initiative that promotes innovation in scholarly communication by developing and supporting low-cost distribution services and new publishing models for academic publications across the UC system and beyond. Under the supervision of the Technical Lead, this position will collaborate with other Publishing Group technologists implementing, updating, and maintaining Publishing Group services, including but not limited to eScholarship.
* At least two years’ experience working with HTML/XHTML, XML XSLT stylesheets and scripting languages such as PERL or Ruby;
* At least one year’s experience working on production systems;
* General knowledge of Unix operating system;
* Experience working with search applications and metadata;
* Familiarity with essential digital library concepts and issues;
* Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical, communication and organizational skills
HOW TO APPLY: For a complete job description or to apply for this position, please visit:
Job Number: 20100110
Close Date: 06/21/2010
To review a complete list of all of UCOP’s open positions please visit the University of California Office of the President Employment Website:
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer.