SCP Update – October 2023
Highlights on Titles Cataloged for CDL-Managed Electronic Collections in September 2023
- Airiti Books (華藝中文電子書) (Local-L DDA): 575
- CNPe-Reading (易阅通) (Local-L DDA): 232
- IEEE Electronic Library (IEL) Conference Proceedings: 52
- JSTOR Books DDA: 272
- Oxford Scholarship Online 2023 Frontlist: 43 (GOBI)
- Springer English/International eBooks 2022-Full set: 774 (GOBI)
- Springer German Language eBooks 2022 – Full Set: 292 (GOBI)
- Springer English/International eBooks 2023 – Full Set: 3130 (GOBI)
- Springer German Language eBooks 2023 – Full Set: 626 (GOBI)
- Taylor & Francis eBooks (STMnetbase/CRC Press) 2021-2023: 307
- Wiley Online Library Frontlist All English Titles 2023: 91 (GOBI)
- Collection level bibliographic records: 8
Link to the full reports (UC login required)
- 2023-09-Total Portfolio Count of CDL-Managed Electronic Collections
- 2023-09-Collection level bib records of CDL-Managed Electronic Collections
Highlights on Other Activities:
- Meeting with GOBI representatives: Several SCP staff members and Sherry Lochhaas met with GOBI representatives on Sept. 26 to discuss questions regarding coverage gaps, record delays, and CDL licensed eBooks’s presentation in GobiTween (a GOBI system helping campuses identify CDL-held titles to avoid purchase of a duplicate copies). SCP learned more about GOBI’s workflows; their catalogers are given 30 days to provide records for eBooks in English language and 45 days for non-English upon receiving files from eBook providers. GOBI also suggested approaches that would help improve communication between CDL, GOBI and eBook providers, reconcile gaps, and update CDL holdings in GobiTween.
- 930 $p code cleanup: We learned that local fields can only display one subfield, not both $a and $p. We drop the subfield code “$p” for newly added SCP records. For migrated records , clean up took longer than expected. Thanks to Kate Garvey-Clasby who has completed the removal of about 230,000 records, mostly MARCIVE records.
Report an Alma/Primo VE problem: This page outlines how and when campuses should report access issues to CDL. This page can be found under CDL’s Report a Problem page under “Report a SILS (Alma or Primo VE) Problem”.