SCP Update – July 2023
Highlights on Titles Cataloged for CDL-Managed Electronic Collections in June 2023
- ASCE E-books and Standards 2019-2023: 54
- CNPe-Reading (易阅通) (Local-L DDA): 137
- Cambridge eBooks: Frontlist 2021: 84 (GOBI GAP)
- Cambridge eBooks without Partner Presses: 2022 All Books: 32 (GOBI)
- Cambridge eBooks without Partner Presses: 2023 All eBooks: 81 (New: GOBI)
- IEEE Electronic Library (IEL): 306
- JSTOR Books DDA: 215
- Oxford Scholarship Online 2023 Frontlist (Oxford Scholarship Online (Local-L)): 887 (New: GOBI)
- Springer English/International eBooks 2021 – Full Set: 578 (GOBI GAP)
- Springer German Language eBooks 2021 – Full Set: 49 (GOBI GAP)
- SuperStar e-Book Collection: 10
- Wiley Online Library All English Titles 2022: 4 (GOBI)
- Wiley Online Library Frontlist All English Titles 2023: 41 (GOBI)
- Collection records: 6
Link to the full reports
- 2023-06-Total Portfolio Count of CDL-Managed Electronic Collections
- 2023-06-Collection level bib records of CDL-Managed Electronic Collections
As we are ending the fiscal year 2022-2023, here is a glance at the SCP-managed bibliographic records in the Alma Network Zone (i.e. records with a 930 title hook)
|As of 7/12/2023||Monos||Serials||Computer file||Maps||Music||Visual||Total|
Highlights on Other Activities:
- New collection on Kanopy: All campuses have access to the Kanopy Base subscription package of approximately 10k streaming videos, starting July 1, 2023. Due to the complications around each campus having a different Kanopy URL, CDL will not be managing title level cataloging in the Network Zone. CDL will provide a platform level record for Kanopy with an access link to each campus’s Kanopy homepage (there is no landing page specific to the “Base” subscription collection, titles are mixed into your campus Kanopy account access). For campuses wishing to add title level records to their IZ, Lisa Wong at UCSC has worked on an initial set of records, and she is willing to share these records (MARC download options are also available in your campus Kanopy admin accounts). Local edits will need to be made for your campus URLs or other changes individual campuses may want. Kanopy has said it would be rare for titles to leave the platform, and they may add titles quarterly to this subscription package. To receive notifications about title changes, you can sign up to the OverDrive email list.
- New workflow for cataloging electronic collection level bib records: CDLA has created many POLs attached to the corresponding electronic collection level bib records. Thus, SCP has developed a new workflow to keep the same MMSID when replacing the bib records. It also means that if a campus has the same OCLC record on a different MMSID, it will be merged and its inventory combined into
the MMSID of a CDL bib record.
- GOBI gap analysis for 2021 frontlists has been completed with loading identified gap titles for Springer and Cambridge.
- PID server update: D2D does not plan to make any substantial user visible changes to the PID Service. Still trying to figure out the best way to make some changes on the backend to keep it compatible with future versions of AWS. Gem will send notice to stakeholders.
- SCP reports: UC Davis proposed to add campus participants to the portfolio report, and CDI Full-text activation only to the collection level report. Campuses have reviewed and are okay with the new columns. The new reports will start for July statistics in SCP August Update.
- Cataloging request for CZ activation only: SCP-AC members have no preference, so SCP will continue to include this request as part of the Quarterly project proposal.
Report an Alma/Primo VE problem: This page outlines how and when campuses should
report access issues to CDL. This page can be found under CDL’s Report a Problem page
under “Report a SILS (Alma or Primo VE) Problem”