SCP Update – March 2023
Highlights on Titles Cataloged for CDL-Managed Electronic Collections in February 2023
- Airiti Books (華藝中文電子書) (Local-L DDA): 538
- CNPe-Reading (易阅通) (Local-L DDA): 173
- Dacheng Laojiukan Quanwen Shujuku (大成老旧刊全文数据库) (Local-L): 84
- IEEE Electronic Library (IEL): 302
- JSTOR Books DDA: 693
- Maruzen eBook Library Purchased: 46
- Wiley Online Library All English Titles 2022: 123 (GOBI)
- Collection level cataloging: 2
Link to the full reports
Highlights on Other Activities:
- JSTOR DDA: Kate Garvey-Clasby continues to work with Harold Colson, UCSD rep on the Ebook Strategies Team exploring better ways to review titles from JSTOR DDA Block List based on UC DDA profile and sending identified titles to JSTOR to activate.
- GOBI ebooks gap analysis: Staff at CDL E-Resource Team are in progress for reconciliation of ebooks we received from GOBI with the final list received from the contents provider for the frontlists of Cambridge, Springer, and Wiley:
- Wiley 2021 finished
- Cambridge 2021 & 2022 – in review
- Springer 2021 comparison – in review
- Still waiting on the final title list from Springer for 2022
- Gobi has not confirmed if we’ve received all 2022 records or not from all 3 publishers
- DeGruyter Trial: The Ebook Strategies Team has started a trial with De Gruyter to allow access to thousands of titles from various university presses. The trial runs March 7, 2023 – August 31, 2023. De Gruyter is working with Ex Libris to create a collection that CDL can activate in the Network Zone that matches the trial contents, but it is not yet available.
- A job was set up to run weekly and remove vendor 035 and 906 fields when CZ bib records are localized and unlinked from CZ, including CZ bib records localized by campuses. This job was set up in consultation with the SILS Resource Management-Cataloging & Metadata Operations Subteam.
- CDL Helpline: The CDL Helpline and Courier Management Freshdesk Ticketing Systems are now live! CDL Helpline and Courier Management users may create a Freshdesk account and feel free to begin submitting tickets in the new system at https://helpline.cdlib.org/ (same URL). Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments.
- Welcome Laura Fouladi! CDL is excited to welcome Laura who started on March 6, 2023 as the CDL Acquisitions Coordinator. She was the Metadata and Acquisitions Librarian at UC Irvine Law Library before joining CDL. To know more about Laura, please read the CDL Announcement.
Report an Alma/Primo VE problem: This page outlines how and when campuses should report access issues to CDL. This page can be found under CDL’s Report a Problem page under “Report a SILS (Alma or Primo VE) Problem”.