SCP Update – January 2023
Highlights on Titles Cataloged for CDL-Managed Electronic Collections in December 2022
- ACM Digital Library Complete: 34
- AIP Books Collection 2: 5
- Airiti Books (華藝中文電子書) (Local-L DDA): 305
- Cambridge eBooks without Partner Presses: 2022 All Books: 163 (GOBI)
- CNPe-Reading (易阅通) (Local-L DDA): 231
- East View Post-Perestroika Newspapers (Local-L): 14 (New)
- IEEE Electronic Library (IEL): 47
- JSTOR Books DDA: 266
- Wiley Online Library Frontlist All English Titles 2021: 365
- Wiley Online Library All English Titles 2022: 57 (GOBI)
- Collection level records: 23
Link to the full reports
Highlights on Other Activities:
- Reconciliation for IEEE/IEL conference proceedings, etc.: It took a lot longer than we expected to reconcile IEEE/IEL collection(s). After much digging through the history, communicating with vendor representative, and discussing within the ERT, that based on CDL’s license for the main collection, it was determined that CDL should use the main collection IEEE Electronic Library (IEL) (Collection ID: 61403082410006531) instead of separate collections for ebooks/ conference proceedings, journals, standards, etc. activated during migration. A SCP cataloger has started to catalog and replace CZ bib records for newly published conference proceedings for the main collection.
- HathiTrust Digital Library Full View Worldwide (Collection ID: 61507735500006531): CDI only activation is on, campuses should have full-text access to titles included in this collection soon.
- Asami Collection: SCP has added a new locally managed open access collection of digitized UCB collection of Korean woodblock-printed and movable-type imprints from the Joseon Dynasty (Yi Dynasty). The collection has 717 bibliographic records with 2715 portfolios for access at the volume level. Access to the online version provided mostly from the Internet Archive. Thanks to Erica Zhang, UCLA OA Metadata Librarian, who helped cataloged or created online records based on the print version, in collaboration with Becky Culbertson.
- PID service update: PID service’s MySQL database upgrade was completed on January 4. The process went as planned. Please report any issues to Charles Collett at firstname.lastname@example.org The next step is to look into its AWS OS version update upgrade. CDL is working with a small group, including SCP catalogers, to evaluate the best option moving forward.
Report an Alma/Primo VE problem: This page outlines how and when campuses should report access issues to CDL. This page can be found under CDL’s Report a Problem page under “Report a SILS (Alma or Primo VE) Problem”.