SCP Update – November 2022
Highlights on Titles Cataloged for CDL-Managed Electronic Collections in September 2022
- ACM Digital Library Complete: 135
- ASM handbooks online (Local-L): 45 (New)
- CNPe-Reading (易阅通) (Local-L DDA): 319
- Cambridge eBooks without Partner Presses: 2022 All Books: 111 (GOBI)
- China and the Modern World: Missionary, Sinology, & Literary Periodicals (1817-1949) (Local-L): 22 (New)
- JSTOR Books DDA: 149
- Newsbank Hispanic American Newspapers: 344 (New)
- SpringerNature Complete eBooks: 31,772 (brought from CDLIZ)
- Springer English/International eBooks 2022 – Full Set: 1,031 (GOBI)
- Springer German Language eBooks 2022 – Full Set: 285 (GOBI)
- Wiley Online Library All English Titles 2022: 10 (GOBI)
Link to the full reports
Highlights on Other Activities:
- JSTOR DDA reconciliation: SCP worked with Harold Colson at UCSD to identify and activate over 1800 JSTOR DDA titles not available in UC Library Search because it was (erroneously) thought they were duplicated in Project Muse. He also helped us design an improved JSTOR screening process to aid with preventing titles like these from being missed in the future.
- Springer ebooks reconciliation: SCP and CDL Acquisitions used ISBN matching and Alma’s overlap and collection analysis tool to identify and add over 31,000 previously cataloged titles missing from the SpringerNatureComplete eBooks collection.
- CDL PID Service: Gem Stone-Logan has sent out a request to gather information about how campuses use the PID Service. At this point, CDL has made no decisions. For more context about the PID service and the information gathering process, please see the PID Service Information Gathering document. The request was sent to various UC SILS lists and SCP related lists. Responses are due November 23, 2022
- Jason Chodur has attended Alma Administration Certificate Training and been awarded the certificate. Congratulations!
Report an Alma/Primo VE problem: This page outlines how and when campuses should report access issues to CDL. This page can be found under CDL’s Report a Problem page under “Report a SILS (Alma or Primo VE) Problem”.