SCP Update – June 2022
Highlights on Titles Cataloged for CDL-Managed Electronic Collections in May 2022
- ACM Digital Library Complete: 201
- African American Newspapers, Series 1, 1827-1998: 297 (New)
- African American Newspapers, Series 2, 1835-1956: 87 (New)
- Airiti Books (華藝中文電子書) (Local-L DDA): 84
- Cambridge eBooks without Partner Presses: 2022 All Books: 554 (New)
- J-DAC, Digital Archives Center (Local-L): 13 (New)
- JSTOR Books DDA: 188
- Springer English/International eBooks 2022 – Full Set: 3903 (NEW)
- Springer German Language eBooks 2022 – Full Set: 419 (NEW)
- Wiley Online Library All English Titles 2022: 294 (NEW)
Link to the full report
Highlights on Other Activities:
- SCP would like to acknowledge and appreciate that Naomi Shiraishi, Japanese cataloging librarian of UC Berkeley C.V. Starr East Asian Library, generously provided cataloging for titles in the J-DAC collection.
- Cleanup Project:
- All migrated P2E portfolios have been moved into their designated collections. We will clean up standalone P2E portfolios when time permits.
- Over 40 CZ brief collection level bib records have been replaced with full level bib records and unsuppressed. Please check status at this worksheet: NZ Records Cleanup_Combined_2022Jan.
- Still in process to clean up and bring in serial records of the SuperStar eBook collection.
- GOBI workflow: some SCP and CDL ERT staff met with GOBI representatives and discussed and fine-tuned the GOBI workflow and updated CDL Tech Spec.
- Cambridge eBook cleanup for pre-2021 collection: SCP has identified and brought over 3,360 titles and linked portfolios to the Community Zone, significantly reducing the gap to the minimum. Please continue to report any missing titles to CDL Helpline.
- PID status: SCP stopped using PIDs for any newly activated CZ portfolios and collection records post SILS migration. For existing records, we continue to maintain PIDs only for locally managed portfolios. If campuses have been using PIDs for resources listed in Libguide, etc., may need to be aware that a PID may not get updated if a link has changed.
- Chinese Periodical Full-text Database (1911-1949) is finally fully available from CZ after a long waiting period. This was a project that SCP worked with Shanghai Library (content provider) and Ex Libris to update the CZ collection with a full list of portfolios. Bie-hwa Ma helped Shanghai Library prepare the KBART file of a full list of 20,000+ titles in the collection. The next step is to replace CZ brief bib records with OCLC records SCP cataloged.
Report an Alma/Primo VE problem: This page was created outlining for campuses on how and when they should report access issues to CDL. It is also linked from CDL’s Report a Problem page under “Report a SILS (Alma or Primo VE) Problem”.