SCP Update – February 2022
Highlights on Titles Cataloged for CDL-Managed Electronic Collections in January 2022
- ACM Digital Library Complete: 134
- CNPe-Reading (易阅通) (Local-L DDA): 27
- JSTOR Books DDA: 1,749
- Open access resource selected by the UC Libraries (Local-OA) (Serials): 225
- Collection level records: 6
Please see detailed reports at:
Highlights on Other Activities:
- Getting eBook records from GOBI: SCP and CDL Acquisitions have been working with GOBI to set technical specifications, create Alma import profiles, and test sample files for all three content providers: Cambridge, Springer, and Wiley. We are testing on getting real data for 2021 title lists.
- Activating CZ and local OA resources: These OA resources were requested by campuses and approved by JSC in January. A draft workflow has been developed and tested in Sandbox for both OA collections identified in CZ and not available in CZ. Becky has created local OA collection records in Network Zone if not available in CZ. The next step is to bring local portfolios for some local OA collections.
Berlin Studies of the Ancient World (Local-OA) (local portfolios will be added soon)
Russian Digital Dissertation Library of the Russian State Library (Local-OA)
- University of Chicago Oriental Institute publications (Local-OA) (local portfolios will be added soon)
- Getty Publication Virtual Library (Local-OA) (local portfolios will be added soon)
- IARC publications Book and report series (Local-OA) (local portfolios will be added soon)
Becky is also getting CZ OA activated.
- Cairn Open Access Journals (458):
- Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (CEPAL) – Publications (60)
- Late Qing and Republican-Era Chinese Newspapers (292) (requested by UCLA Chinese studies librarian)
- Independent and Revolutionary Mexican Newspapers (831)
- MetPublications (2,308)
- Middle Eastern and North African Newspapers (30)
- National Gallery of Art Publications (104)
- National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogs (13)
- National Gallery of Art Exhibition Brochures (53)
- National Gallery of Art Online Editions (7)
- Biodiversity Heritage Library (100,651)
- KU Open Research Library (15,260) (activated by CDLA)
- IARC Monographs on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans (128)
- International Agency for Research on Cancer Monographs (85)
- UMPEBC University Of Michigan Press Michigan Asian Studies Open Access Books Collection (100)
- Other catalogers are also exploring and developing other workflows in consultation with CDL ERT members while cataloging for some collections, such as Annie Ross is working on ACM Digital Library Complete, trial blazing on the clarification for the process of cataloging and cleanup for a migrated & CZ activation collection. Kate is working on workflow for JSTOR DDA, and Bie-hwa Ma is on workflow for Chinese DDA records.
Report an Alma/Primo VE problem: This page was created outlining for campuses on how and when they should report access issues to CDL. It is also linked from CDL’s Report a Problem page under “Report a SILS (Alma or Primo VE) Problem”.