SCP Update — December 2021
SCP Cataloging Activities
- Art and Architecture Portal: 234
- CNPe-Reading (易阅通) (Local-L DDA): 123
- JSTOR Books DDA: 396
- Open access resource selected by the UC Libraries (Local-OA): 2597
Note: bringing local standalone OA journals into Network Zone also triggered changes of bib records for the following CZ activated electronic collections
- DOAJ Directory of Open Access Journals: 166
- Free E- Journals: 467
- Free Medical Journals: 122
- PubMed Central Journals: 26
- PubMed Central Open Access: 17
- RACO Revistes Catalanes amb Accés Obert: 14
- ROAD: Directory of Open Access Scholarly Resources: 756
- Collection level records: 30
- Update on getting eBook records from GOBI for Wiley, Cambridge, and Springer: SCP and CDL Acquisitions have been making progress with GOBI to have tech spec set up for these three eBook packages.
- Update on two Chinese journal collections from Shanghai Library: the Late Qing Dynasty Periodical Full-Text Database and the Chinese Periodical Full-text Database in Alma Community Zone don’t provide title level access. Since June 2021, SCP (mainly Bie-hwa Ma) has discussed the issue with Shanghai Library first to get them to agree to contribute title level access of these two collections to Ex Libris, then she contacted Ex Libris to discuss techniques to prepare the title lists. Recently Bie-hwa finished creating a KBART file for each collection and sent them to the Shanghai Library. Once Ex Libris receives the list from Shanghai Library, it will be added to the queue to add to the CZ.
As the Christmas holiday season is approaching, SCP staff will be off work during UC San Diego Library closure from December 23-January 2. SCP staff wish everyone Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2021, stay safe and healthy!