WEST Members’ Virtual Meeting on Monday, June 22, from 1-2:30 pm PT – Registration open!
WEST will hold its summer members’ meeting virtually outside of the ALA Annual virtual conference this year on Monday, June 22, from 1-2:30 pm PT. Members do not need to be registered for ALA in order to attend the members’ virtual meeting. In the last few years, WEST has prioritized panel discussions and interactive discussion formats for its meetings. These formats will continue to be an important part of future meetings, but for the June 2020 meeting the focus will be on a range of significant program updates.
Please register in advance for this meeting at https://UCOP.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUodu6ppjwuHdVsFhcPpMpJ9qZmCl3pfSiy Information for joining the meeting will be shared automatically after registering.
In May, WEST Directors and Primary Contacts received notification that the Executive Committee has voted to lower member fees for the next three years. During the June members’ meeting, the WEST program manager will detail changes to the budget, operations model, and member fees, and connect the rationale for those changes both to the present challenges in the library community and the outcomes of WEST’s 2019 assessment and strategic planning work.
Members will also have the opportunity to learn more about and ask questions on a range of ongoing WEST activities and advocacy, including:
- Cycles 10 & 11 collections analysis and anticipated areas of focus for final proposals
- WEST development phase 5 – upcoming in Fall 2020
- WEST working groups of 2020 – reviewing program models, standards, and practices
- Disclosure and Validations Standards Working Group (DVS WG)
- Resource Sharing Working Group (RS WG)
- Non-journal Formats Working Group (NjF WG)
- OCLC’s release of enhanced registration capabilities and shared print discovery features
- WEST in the Rosemont Shared Print Alliance – last copy initiative and strategic collaboration with the newly launched Partnership for Shared Book Collections
- The California Digital Library, Center for Research Libraries, and HathiTrust Collaboration to realize interoperable and interconnected shared print infrastructure
There will be dedicated time toward the end of the meeting for discussion and Q&A. WEST Executive Committee members will be available during this time for questions and discussion.
Please note that the WEST virtual members’ meeting will be recorded.