CDL Job Opening: DevOps/Infrastructure Engineer
CDL’s University of California Curation Center (UC3) is actively seeking candidates who want to develop and manage tools and infrastructure supporting our growing suite of digital curation and preservation services. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for the design, management, and evolution of our application infrastructure, cloud hosting platforms, CI/CD stack, and custom tool sets as you work alongside other tech leads, product managers, and developers.
- Be involved in operational support and system administration of UC3’s AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Apply advanced software concepts, cloud services, and techniques to plan, create, enhance, and operate robust, high-availability (24×7) services responsive to the evolving needs of UC3 stakeholders.
- Be an enthusiastic member of a dynamic, distributed team working closely with UC3 technical staff and product managers for server provisioning, infrastructure deployment and monitoring;
- Work closely with the central CDL Infrastructure and Application Services (IAS) group for server configuration, patching, package administration, backup, disaster recovery, database monitoring, and business continuity planning.
- You have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in diagnosing and resolving application-level, operating system, database, storage, and networking problems.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in designing, implementing, and operating high-performance, high-availability system and storage architectures for production services.
- Demonstrated software repository skills.
- Familiarity with web servers and continuous delivery tools.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently and as part of a distributed team; learn effectively and meet deadlines; work on and triage multiple high-priority tasks.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project leadership and management skills.
The California Digital Library (CDL) is a collaborative effort of the ten campuses of the University of California. As a UC systemwide library, CDL provides services to and on behalf of the UC system in partnership with the UC campus libraries. As a globally-connected digital library, CDL occupies a unique position between the local UC campuses and the global digital library infrastructure. The primary user base for CDL services and programs includes UC faculty, students, and library staff. The CDL is a unit within the UC Office of the President, has a staff of 70+ and is located in downtown Oakland.
UC3 is a creative partnership bringing together the expertise and resources of the CDL, the ten UC campuses, and the broader international curation community. We foster collaborative analysis, projects, and solutions to ensure the long-term viability and usability of curated digital content. Examples of tools and services include Merritt, Dryad , EZID, and DMPTool.
CDL welcomes and encourages diversity and seeks applications and nominations from individuals from underrepresented groups. CDL seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the people of California, to maintain the excellence of the University of California, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
This position has a salary of $110K-$118K with benefits.
Read the full job description and apply here: jobs.ucop.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=62174