ARKs in the Open: Project Update #8, 2018 Wrap-Up and Looking to 2019
The ARKs-in-the-Open (AITO) team made great strides in 2018 toward their goal to transition the ARK specification and registry from the California Digital Library to a community supported and managed activity.
Some highlights of the work so far this year:
- The project received expressions of interest from 27 organizations on 4 continents.
- The project team developed a project vision, resources and value statement, and roadmap.
- The AITO Advisory Group formed and meets monthly to move the project forward according to the roadmap.
- Work has begun to form working groups to focus on project sustainability, outreach, and technical development. This builds on results from the The ARK Identifier Summit and Experts Day at the National Library of France, March 21-22, 2018.
- Project presentations at several international meetings: iPres, the Decentralized Web Summit, and Singapore PID Workshop.
For 2019, the team’s priorities include:
- Finalizing initial charters for each working group
- Appointing members to all three working groups
- Developing a financial and governance model