EZID Service Update: January 2018
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- Identifier Systems Architect John Kunze participated in two panel discussions at the Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP) Winter Meeting. John spoke on YAMZ, a crowd-sourced metadata dictionary at the GeoSemantics symposium. YAMZ offers a new way to create and standardize metadata terms, each with its own ARK identifier.
- EZID Technical Lead Greg Janée presented twice at PIDapalooza, with co-presenter Sarala Wimalaratne on “Compact Identifier resolution and services for data citation and annotation in biomedicine and beyond,” and also on “Unsolved problems with persistent identifiers.” Both presentations are now available for download from EZID’s Media page.
- EZID Service Manager Joan Starr has been busy working with the many clients that need to choose a new DOI service provider. This affects non-University of California entities only. If you have questions about your specific situation, please contact us.
EZID Partners and Clients
Our current EZID clients include academic institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations and commercial entities.
EZID Service Description
EZID (easy-eye-dee) is a production service that gives researchers the ability to create and manage long-term identifiers so that they can to track usage, get credit for their work, share their data, and have the data reused for additional research. As a result, EZID identifiers also make it possible to increase citations, to build on previous work, to conduct new research, and avoid duplicating previous efforts.
EZID Service Manager
Joan Starr contact
EZID Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
Service Monitoring and Availability
For information about EZID status, please consider the following options:
- API inquiries; see the API documentation here: http://ezid.cdlib.org/doc/apidoc.html#server-status
- The CDL System Status page here: http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html
- The EZID Status Blog: http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/
- The EZID RSS Feed (from the blog): http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/feed/