DMPTool Service Update: January 2018
- Roadmap/DMPTool upcoming release. We’re on track for our target release date (check out the roadmap to MVP and monitor our progress on Github)! Roadmap v1.0 should be ready in time for a demo at the International Digital Curation Conference (IDCC18, 19–22 Feb in Barcelona). The DMPTool will migrate to the new Roadmap codebase with a lovely new look and feel shortly thereafter, aiming for the first week of March. In the coming weeks, we’ll finish branding the new tool, complete the funder template and guidance overhaul, and open things up for preliminary user testing. We will also host a training webinar in Feb and unveil new user guides to orient institutional admins to the administrative functions—creating templates, adding local guidance, institutional branding, etc. The basic features are the same, with the addition of some new things (e.g., themes), and the interface will be familiar to those who’ve used our partner tool DMPonline. Stay tuned for more news and regular updates via the admin listserv, DMPTool blog, and Twitter channels.
- Template & guidance functionality disabled. A reminder for admins that we disabled the DMPTool template and guidance editing functionality on Mon, 18 Dec. All other functionality remains active and available to users. We decided to take this action in order to prevent any data loss or errors. The template and guidance data required some massaging to migrate them to the new data model; in addition, we’re making manual changes to the funder templates and guidance in the new platform. What this means for institutional administrators: if you wish to make any changes or updates to your institutional templates and guidance you can contact the DMPTool helpdesk and we will implement them on your behalf, but it would be great if you can keep changes to a minimum. Full functionality will resume when we release the new version.
- Other newsworthy things. A detailed account of our December funder template pizza party is available on the DMPTool blog. Join us at the next RDA plenary in Berlin (21-23 Mar) to work together on machine-actionable DMPs. And expect more developments on that front as we shift gears post migration.
There are now 218 participating institutions that have either configured their campus single sign-on or customized the DMPTool for their users. Welcome to the following new institutions:
University of Campinas (UNICAMP), Brazil
North Dakota State University
National University of Singapore
Mount Holyoke College
DMPTool Service Description
The Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool) provides an easy to use interface that:
- Helps users create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meets funder requirements for data management plans
- Provides step-by-step instructions and guidance for how to manage data
- Provides information about resources and services available at your institution to help fulfill the data management requirements of your grant
DMPTool Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
DMPTool Service Managers
- Please contact us with any questions or general correspondence (Note that campus library contacts have been embedded in the DMPTool and campus users will be directed to a local library contact)
- Get status updates via the DMPTool blog
- Read more about the code, the project, and contributing to development on the DMPTool GitHub site
- Log enhancements or bugs in the DMPTool GitHub Issue Tracker
- Check out our DMPTool Twitter account
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html