EZID Service Update: September 2017
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
As announced in early August, EZID is changing its DOI service. If you did not read the announcement, you can find it here: http://cdlib.org/2017/08/04/ezid-doi-service-is-evolving/.
Implementation began in September with these steps:
- We asked DOI-service clients with institution-level accounts ($2,500/yr) renewing in September to start their transition to a new DOI service provider. CDL is offering a three-to-six month grace period of EZID-use while this process is underway.
- Service Manager Joan Starr is coordinating calls for clients with DataCite Executive Director Patricia Cruse where appropriate.
- We’ve adapted the EZID site in several ways, including adding a new FAQ about the change.
EZID Partners and Clients
Our current EZID clients include academic institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations and commercial entities.
EZID Service Description
EZID (easy-eye-dee) is a production service that gives researchers the ability to create and manage long-term identifiers so that they can to track usage, get credit for their work, share their data, and have the data reused for additional research. As a result, EZID identifiers also make it possible to increase citations, to build on previous work, to conduct new research, and avoid duplicating previous efforts.
EZID Service Manager
Joan Starr contact
EZID Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
Service Monitoring and Availability
For information about EZID status, please consider the following options:
- API inquiries; see the API documentation here: http://ezid.cdlib.org/doc/apidoc.html#server-status
- The CDL System Status page here: http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html
- The EZID Status Blog: http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/
- The EZID RSS Feed (from the blog): http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/feed/