DMPTool Service Update: July 2017
- Roadmap update. We passed another milestone this month as DCC completed the migration of all three production services—DMPonline, DMPTuuli, and DMPMelbourne—to the new Roadmap codebase! Check out the Release Notes for v0.3. The DMPTool migration date remains a moving target with fluctuating summer resourcing, but we’ll continue to provide updated estimates (now aiming for October 2017). We’re still busy adding new features (track our progress here) and are now mapping out the data migration and beginning a thorough audit of funder templates. Look out for more regular communications via the admin and public channels in the coming months.
- Machine-actionable DMPs. Stephanie will be presenting on active DMPs in a morning course at the Force11 Scholarly Communications Institute (FSCI) @UCSD (1 Aug): Data in the Scholarly Communications Life Cycle. The presentation balances a summary of community-wide efforts on machine-actionable DMPs to date and future plans for pilot projects and implementation of active DMP use cases (slides and a blog post forthcoming). There’s an exciting flurry of activity and connecting up of efforts, some of it under the auspices of the Research Data Alliance (RDA) Active DMPs Interest Group. Check out the RDA page to review the case statements and get involved with two new working groups for “DMP Common Standards” and “Exposing DMPs.” And/or join us at the next RDA Plenary in Montreal (19-21 Sept) for a joint session with the Domain Repositories IG.
- DMPTool Street Team. And finally, a huge thanks to the DMPTool Steering Committee members who’ve been peddling machine-actionable DMP postcards and stickers at recent events. Sophie Hou (NCAR) and Sherry Lake (UVa) performed extra outreach with our traveling poster exhibit (photo gallery to come).
There are now 211 participating institutions that have either configured their campus single sign-on or customized the DMPTool for their users. Welcome to the following new institution:
Western Michigan University
DMPTool Service Description
The Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool) provides an easy to use interface that:
- Helps users create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meets funder requirements for data management plans
- Provides step-by-step instructions and guidance for how to manage data
- Provides information about resources and services available at your institution to help fulfill the data management requirements of your grant
DMPTool Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
DMPTool Service Managers
Connect with the DMPTool
- Please contact us with any questions or general correspondence (Note that campus library contacts have been embedded in the DMPTool and campus users will be directed to a local library contact)
- Get status updates via the DMPTool blog
- Read more about the code, the project, and contributing to development on the DMPTool GitHub site
- Log enhancements or bugs in the DMPTool GitHub Issue Tracker
- Check out our DMPTool Twitter account
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html