DMPTool Service Update: March 2017
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- Templates. We’re updating some existing templates (e.g., the NEH released a 2017 PDF) (https://www.neh.gov/files/grants/data_management_plans_2017.pdf) and auditing the complete inventory ahead of the migration to the new version of the tool. In the next version, funder/public templates will include only the requirements text issued by the funder. Supporting guidance will be associated with each template using theme tags. Admins will also be able to use these tags to apply local guidance across templates. As always, please notify us of any pressing template needs and we’ll move them to the front of the queue.
- Roadmap update. We just shared a status update on the DMPTool blog. In brief, we’re adjusting to fluctuations in developer resources and will update our timelines in the coming weeks to reflect this. Meanwhile we’re moving through bug fixes, adding new features, and coordinating with our UX team, etc. Loads of documentation is available on the GitHub wiki.
- Machine-actionable DMPs. The white paper full of use cases is out in RIO Journal! Get more details from the Research Data Alliance (RDA) Plenary 9 (5-7 Apr) on the blog. And/or subscribe to the RDA Active DMPs Interest Group to get involved in community efforts on this front.
There are now 208 participating institutions that have either configured their campus single sign-on or customized the DMPTool for their users. Welcome to the following new institutions:
Partnerships for Enhanced Engagement in Research (PEER)
DMPTool Service Description
The Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool) provides an easy to use interface that:
- Helps users create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meets funder requirements for data management plans
- Provides step-by-step instructions and guidance for how to manage data
- Provides information about resources and services available at your institution to help fulfill the data management requirements of your grant
DMPTool Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
DMPTool Service Managers
Connect with the DMPTool
- Please contact us with any questions or general correspondence (Note that campus library contacts have been embedded in the DMPTool and campus users will be directed to a local library contact)
- Get status updates via the DMPTool blog
- Read more about the code, the project, and contributing to development on the DMPTool GitHub site
- Log enhancements or bugs in the DMPTool GitHub Issue Tracker
- Check out our DMPTool Twitter account
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html