EZID Service Update: March 2017
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- Joan Starr, EZID’s Service Manager, participated in the first California Data Librarians Meeting, hosted by UC Santa Barbara. The format was “unconference” style, and Starr proposed a topic that was chosen: Frequently Asked Questions about Identifiers. The lively discussion started with an interactive presentation, and the slides are now available on EZID’s Media page: http://ezid.cdlib.org/learn/#06.
EZID Partners and Clients
Our current EZID clients include academic institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations and commercial entities.
EZID Service Description
EZID (easy-eye-dee) is a production service that gives researchers the ability to create and manage long-term identifiers so that they can to track usage, get credit for their work, share their data, and have the data reused for additional research. As a result, EZID identifiers also make it possible to increase citations, to build on previous work, to conduct new research, and avoid duplicating previous efforts.
EZID Service Manager
Joan Starr contact
EZID Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
More information about EZID is available by contacting us. See also EZID outreach and webinars.
Service Monitoring and Availability
For information about EZID status, please consider the following options:
- API inquiries; see the API documentation here: http://bit.ly/1VZS9km
- The CDL System Status page here: http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html
- The EZID Status Blog: http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/
- The EZID RSS Feed (from the blog): http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/feed/