EZID Service Update: November 2016
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- On Nov. 10, John Kunze (EZID’s Lead Architect) presented at Pidapalooza, the first international conference dedicated to persistent identifiers. The full schedule and some conference materials are available on the conference website. Conference attendees captured their thoughts and more on Twitter: https://twitter.com/hashtag/pidapalooza.
- On Nov. 14, DataCite sponsored a webinar on the Force 11 Software Citation Principles. The speaker was Daniel S. Katz (Assistant Director for Scientific Software and Applications at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications, University of Illinois). The principles were published on PeerJ:
We’ll share the webinar recording as soon as it is available.
EZID Partners and Clients
Our current EZID clients include academic institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations and commercial entities.
New this period:
- UC Natural Reserve System http://www.ucnrs.org/
- Virginia Commonwealth University http://www.vcu.edu
EZID Service Description
EZID (easy-eye-dee) is a production service that gives researchers the ability to create and manage long-term identifiers so that they can to track usage, get credit for their work, share their data, and have the data reused for additional research. As a result, EZID identifiers also make it possible to increase citations, to build on previous work, to conduct new research, and avoid duplicating previous efforts.
EZID Service Manager
Joan Starr contact
EZID Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
More information about EZID is available by contacting us. See also EZID outreach and webinars.
Service Monitoring and Availability
For information about EZID status, please consider the following options:
- API inquiries; see the API documentation here: http://bit.ly/1VZS9km
- The CDL System Status page here: http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html
- The EZID Status Blog: http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/
- The EZID RSS Feed (from the blog): http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/feed/