EZID Service Update: October 2016
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- EZID’s big news this month was the introduction of link checking. EZID will be checking target URL links for DOIs and ARKs on a monthly basis, though for accounts with hundreds of thousands or millions of identifiers, links are checked only once every 3 to 4 months. Links that are broken will show up on EZID’s Dashboard page under Identifier Issues. Additionally, we will be sending out an Excel-compatible CSV file via email each month, starting in November. Full details about this new service can be found in this blog post.
EZID Partners and Clients
Our current EZID clients include academic institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations and commercial entities.
EZID Service DescriptionEZID (easy-eye-dee) is a production service that gives researchers the ability to create and manage long-term identifiers so that they can to track usage, get credit for their work, share their data, and have the data reused for additional research. As a result, EZID identifiers also make it possible to increase citations, to build on previous work, to conduct new research, and avoid duplicating previous efforts.
EZID Service Manager
Joan Starr contact
EZID Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
More information about EZID is available by contacting us. See also EZID outreach and webinars.
Service Monitoring and Availability
For information about EZID status, please consider the following options:
- API inquiries; see the API documentation here: http://bit.ly/1VZS9km
- The CDL System Status page here: http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html
- The EZID Status Blog: http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/
- The EZID RSS Feed (from the blog): http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/feed/