EZID Service Update: July 2016
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- With the help of CDL’s User Experience team we conducted acceptance testing of the new user interface. Volunteers from seven UC campuses participated, provided feedback, suggestions and information about their EZID usage. We are very grateful for their assistance.
- DataCite sponsored a webinar on the Research Data Alliance (RDA) Dynamic Data Citation recommendations. The presenter was Dr. Andreas Rauber, one of the chairs of the RDA working group on data citation. Here is a link to the webinar recording: https://vimeo.com/174795589.
EZID Partners and Clients
Our current EZID clients include academic institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations and commercial entities.
New this period:
- Adaptive Biotechnologies http://www.adaptivebiotech.com/
- Vermont Monitoring Cooperative http://www.uvm.edu/vmc/
EZID Service Description
EZID (easy-eye-dee) is a production service that gives researchers the ability to create and manage long-term identifiers so that they can to track usage, get credit for their work, share their data, and have the data reused for additional research. As a result, EZID identifiers also make it possible to increase citations, to build on previous work, to conduct new research, and avoid duplicating previous efforts.
EZID Service Manager
Joan Starr contact
EZID Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
More information about EZID is available by contacting us. See also EZID outreach and webinars.
Service Monitoring and Availability
For information about EZID status, please consider the following options:
- API inquiries; see the API documentation here: http://bit.ly/1VZS9km
- The CDL System Status page here: http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html
- The EZID Status Blog: http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/
- The EZID RSS Feed (from the blog): http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/feed/