DMPTool Service Update: June 2016
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- Templates. The template inventory has finally migrated to the top of the list of priorities. We’ll be adding a Department of Transportation (DOT) template this week, followed by NASA, DOD, and NIJ/DOJ in the coming weeks. Let us know if you need a specific template and we’ll bump it to the front of the line.
- Machine-actionable DMPs. We’re continuing to develop use cases for machine-actionable DMPs—or DMPs with more formalized structure and content that enables researchers, institutions, funders, repositories, etc. to extract useful info and monitor compliance. We presented our ideas so far at a Cern/Research Data Alliance workshop this month (slides are here). Please keep sending us your ideas, use cases, proposals for integration, and general feedback!
- Roadmap update. We had a productive exchange visit to Scotland in June, where we ironed out a draft co-development process and finalized the roadmap. Weekly check-in meetings are now underway with the UC3-DCC development team. A detailed June report is available on the DMPTool blog; stay tuned for a July update later this week.
There are now 188 participating institutions that have either configured their campus single sign-on or customized the DMPTool for their users.
DMPTool Service Description
The Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool) provides an easy to use interface that:
- Helps users create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meets funder requirements for data management plans
- Provides step-by-step instructions and guidance for how to manage data
- Provides information about resources and services available at your institution to help fulfill the data management requirements of your grant
DMPTool Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
DMPTool Service Managers
Connect with the DMPTool
- Please contact us with any questions or general correspondence (Note that campus library contacts have been embedded in the DMPTool and campus users will be directed to a local library contact)
- Get status updates via the DMPTool blog
- Read more about the code, the project, and contributing to development on the DMPTool GitHub site
- Log enhancements or bugs in the DMPTool GitHub Issue Tracker
- Check out our DMPTool Twitter account
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html