New Tier 2 Licensed Resource – ASCE Research Library
Eight campuses (Berkeley, Davis, Irvine, Los Angeles, Merced, Riverside, San Diego, Santa Barbara) are selectively participating in a variety of content options made available in a three year (2016-18) Tier 2 package for multiple information products from the American Society of Civil Engineers or ASCE.
Participants by collection:
- ASCE JOURNALS (dates vary, 1983 – ): (8) UCB, UCD, UCI, UCLA , UCM, UCR, UCSD, UCSB
- CE Magazine Archive (2005-2015 selected article coverage): (6) UCB, UCD, UCI, UCLA , UCR, UCSD
- ASCE Conference Proceedings (2000 – present): (7) UCB, UCD, UCI, UCLA , UCM, UCR, UCSD
- ASCE eBooks and Standards (2016 only): (6) UCB, UCD, UCI, UCLA, UCM, UCR
- 2016 Ebooks are defined as titles made available online in 2016 regardless of copyright date, or copyright 2016.
- Individual campuses may have access to earlier ebook titles as part of local ongoing subscriptions and individual title purchases.
The ACSE Research Library is available at http://uclibs.org/PID/134623.
The content selected by the participating libraries includes access to the 36 journals issued by ASCE, the annual Conference papers/proceedings, eBooks and Standards, and the new digital edition of CE Magazine. ASCE covers many major areas of civil & environmental engineering and is expanding coverage globally to reflect the latest research in structures; construction; earthquakes & seismology; hydrology & hydraulics; water sciences; coastal sciences; transportation; bridges; environmental, geoengineering & geotechnical engineering, and a host of related topics.
Full-text annual conference papers and proceedings are arranged by 32 thematic concepts and can be searched and retrieved by year and meeting. E-books are issued on a range of topics and individual records for those participating libraries are found both in MELVYL and local online catalogs, and include reference works, manuals of practice, codes and standards.
This resource will serve engineers and others interested in the wider study of sustainability, water, environmental sciences, risk and natural disasters.
Julia Gelfand (UCI) is the contact for information on this license.