EZID Service Update: May 2016
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- Many EZID clients were interested in a DataCite-sponsored webinar on Zotero for Data Repositories. Sebastian Karcher (Associate Director of Associate Director the Qualitative Data Repository at Syracuse University) was the presenter, and he shared the recording, slides and code snippets:
- The EZID Team announced changes to identifier ownership, most of which will be apparent in the new user interface. The changes include the following:
- Groups can have multiple users, and we’ll be working to reduce the total number of groups so that it’s parallel to institutional affiliation. This means that, if a library sponsors multiple research groups on a campus, eventually, all of these accounts will be part of a single group for administration purposes.
- A new role of group administrator provides new capabilities, including the ability to change the ownership of an identifier, which can be very useful under certain circumstances. The group administrator can also act on behalf of a group member, and, in the new user interface, view, search over, download, and get statistics on all the identifiers in the group.
- EZID’s new user interface, mentioned above, is due out in a few weeks. You can expect:
- Usage statistics
- Identifier search
- New identifier management tools
- Wrapped up in a new, mobile friendly design
EZID Partners and Clients
Our current EZID clients include academic institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations and commercial entities. For the full list, see http://ezid.cdlib.org/home/community.
New this period:
- Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) http://www.dtic.mil
- International Potato Center http://cipotato.org
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy http://plato.stanford.edu/
EZID Service Description
EZID (easy-eye-dee) is a production service that gives researchers the ability to create and manage long-term identifiers so that they can to track usage, get credit for their work, share their data, and have the data reused for additional research. As a result, EZID identifiers also make it possible to increase citations, to build on previous work, to conduct new research, and avoid duplicating previous efforts.
EZID Service Manager
Joan Starr contact
EZID Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
More information about EZID is available by contacting us. See also EZID outreach and webinars: http://ezid.cdlib.org/home/outreach.
Service Monitoring and Availability
For information about EZID status, please consider the following options:
- API inquiries; see the API documentation here: http://ezid.cdlib.org/doc/apidoc.html#server-status
- The CDL System Status page here: http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html
- The EZID Status Blog: http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/
- The EZID RSS Feed (from the blog): http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/feed/