Rosalie Lack moves to UCLA Library
Rosalie Lack, CDL’s Web Archiving Coordinator, has accepted a position with the UCLA library. Her last day at the CDL will be May 24.
During her time with the CDL, Rosalie has demonstrated a strong commitment to the success of the CDL and UC3. Her commitment to UC, combined with her personal interest to work on international projects, now calls her to a new position as Project Manager for the International Digital Ephemera Project (IDEP) at UCLA (http://digital.library.ucla.edu/dep/).
As you know, Rosalie has made many great contributions to CDL. Since returning in 2012 from a two year hiatus working for a non-profit library organization based in Italy, she has taken the lead and contributed to a number of important projects/initiatives. Here are a few of Rosalie’s accomplishments:
- Oversaw the creation of a series of new Web Archiving Service (WAS) marketing materials, including website redesign
- Managed the design and production of the DMPTool and Dash “brochure” sites
- Served as UC3 Interim Director
- Served as Chair of the UCLAS Coordinating Committee
- Managed the WAS to Archive-It transition
- Launched the End of Term 2012 web archive content
- Spearheaded two web archiving grants, taking them from preliminary proposals to full project submissions (with plans to submit them both on her last day at the CDL!)
- Advocated for the CA.gov web archive project, one of the few systemwide collaborative collections
CDL will truly miss Rosalie and we wish her all the best in her new adventure.