EZID Service Update: April 2016
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- Last month we announced a DataCite webinar to be held on April 12th covering the new DataCite to Dublin Core application profile (DC2AP) and the DataCite in RDF mapping. Here is a link to the video of the webinar. https://vimeo.com/162551263
- The EZID Team attended the FORCE2016 conference in Portland, OR. We presented a poster which we’ve shared on EZID’s Outreach page (http://ezid.cdlib.org/home/outreach) and it is also part of the Force16 figshare collection.
EZID Partners and Clients
Our current EZID clients include academic institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations and commercial entities. For the full list, see http://ezid.cdlib.org/home/community.
New this period:
- College of William and Mary Libraries (on behalf of the William & Mary campus) https://swem.wm.edu/
- ORCID, Inc. http://orcid.org
EZID Service Description
EZID (easy-eye-dee) is a production service that gives researchers the ability to create and manage long-term identifiers so that they can to track usage, get credit for their work, share their data, and have the data reused for additional research. As a result, EZID identifiers also make it possible to increase citations, to build on previous work, to conduct new research, and avoid duplicating previous efforts.
EZID Service Manager
Joan Starr contact
EZID Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
More information about EZID is available by contacting us. See also EZID outreach and webinars: http://ezid.cdlib.org/home/outreach.
Service Monitoring and Availability
For information about EZID status, please consider the following options:
- API inquiries; see the API documentation here: http://ezid.cdlib.org/doc/apidoc.html#server-status
- The CDL System Status page here: http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html
- The EZID Status Blog: http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/
- The EZID RSS Feed (from the blog): http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/feed/