DMPTool Service Update: February 2016
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- Migrations. The DMPTool application will be moving to the cloud (AWS) by the end of the month. This action will not involve any maintenance downtime.
- New API calls. We’ve added new calls in response to requests for more usage statistics and to facilitate integration projects with other data management systems. Admins can now get info about templates used to create plans at their institution (including private plans!) and a list of institutional templates. Check out the updated documentation on the GitHub wiki.
- Roadmap for the near future. The next order of business is working through the backlog of bug fixes. You can follow our progress in the GitHub issue tracker. Once the bugs are eliminated, we’ll circle back to high priority feature enhancements (i.e., formatting tools and search functions).
- Roadmap for a new partnership. We presented a joint paper at the International Digital Curation Conference (IDCC) with our DMPOnline counterparts in the UK wherein we announced plans to merge our technical platforms in the coming year. You can access the paper and read more about our motivations on the DMPTool blog. We’ll provide monthly updates as our plans evolve. And as always, we want to know what you think.
There are now 182 participating institutions that have either configured their campus single sign-on or customized the DMPTool for their users. Welcome to the following new institutions:
University of North Carolina, Charlotte
University of Dayton
University of Puerto Rico in Mayagüez
DMPTool Service Description
The Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool) provides an easy to use interface that:
- Helps users create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meets funder requirements for data management plans
- Provides step-by-step instructions and guidance for how to manage data
- Provides information about resources and services available at your institution to help fulfill the data management requirements of your grant
DMPTool Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
DMPTool Service Managers
Connect with the DMPTool
- Please contact us with any questions or general correspondence (Note that campus library contacts have been embedded in the DMPTool and campus users will be directed to a local library contact)
- Get status updates via the DMPTool blog
- Read more about the code, the project, and contributing to development on the DMPTool GitHub site
- Log enhancements or bugs in the DMPTool GitHub Issue Tracker
- Check out our DMPTool Twitter account
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html