EZID Service Update: January 2016
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- This month re3data.org announced a new metadata schema (http://www.re3data.org/2016/01/new-re3data-org-schema-and-search-functionality/). re3data.org is the Registry of Research Data Repositories, and it has been part of DataCite since 2014. A quick search of the registry for UC entries shows 50 results, which is a testament to the depth and breadth of research data resources under the stewardship of the University of California community.
EZID Partners and Clients
Our current EZID clients include academic institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations and commercial entities. For the full list, see http://ezid.cdlib.org/home/client_list.
New this period:
- bioCADDIE (https://biocaddie.org/)
- Boise State University http://scholarworks.boisestate.edu/
EZID Service Description
EZID (easy-eye-dee) is a production service that gives researchers the ability to create and manage long-term identifiers so that they can to track usage, get credit for their work, share their data, and have the data reused for additional research. As a result, EZID identifiers also make it possible to increase citations, to build on previous work, to conduct new research, and avoid duplicating previous efforts.
EZID Service Manager
Joan Starr contact
EZID Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
More information about EZID is available by contacting us. See also EZID outreach and webinars: http://ezid.cdlib.org/home/outreach.
Service Monitoring and Availability
For information about EZID status, please consider the following options:
- API inquiries; see the API documentation here: http://ezid.cdlib.org/doc/apidoc.html#server-status
- The CDL System Status page here: http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html
- The EZID Status Blog: http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/
- The EZID RSS Feed (from the blog): http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/feed/