Tier 2 databases are added to Melvyl’s Central Index
As reported in a previous CDLINFO article (Melvyl’s Central Index is expanding), CDL is now activating CDL-managed Tier 2 databases in Melvyl’s Central Index. Going forward, each campus will have different databases listed in their Central Index, depending on the resources they license.
The first group of Tier 2 databases (listed below) was activated in the Melvyl Central Index for the licensing campuses on October 19, 2015.
- AccessMedicine (McGraw-Hill Education)
- African American Study Centre (Oxford University Press)
- American National Biography Online (Oxford University Press)
- Bentham Science Journals (Bentham Science Publishers)
- Encyclopaedia Islam, First Edition, Online (Brill)
- Encyclopaedia Islam, Online (2nd) (Brill)
- Encyclopedia of Women & Islamic Cultures Online (Brill)
- JSTOR Ireland Collection (JSTOR)
- Latin American Women Writers (Alexander Street Press)
- Music Online Listening – North America (Alexander Street Press)
- Oxford Islamic Studies Online (Oxford University Press)
- Oxford Reference Online (Oxford University Press)
- Oxford Scholarship Online (Oxford University Press)
- SAE Technical Papers and Journal Articles (SAE International)
- Smithsonian Global Sound for Libraries (Alexander Street Press)
- World Bank eLibrary (World Bank)
In addition to the Tier 2 databases, CDL also activated two Tier 1 databases in the Central Index of all the UC Melvyl instances. The newly activated Tier 1 databases are:
- American State Papers, 1789-1838 (Readex, a division of NewsBank, Inc.)
- SPIE eBooks (SPIE)
CDL adds new databases monthly, after OCLC’s monthly installation of enhancements and bug fixes has been completed and verified. CDL will remove databases from Central Index monthly unless faster removal is necessary.