EZID Service Update: September 2015
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- EZID Lead Architect John Kunze participated in the International Conference on Dublin Core and Metadata Applications in Sao Paulo Brazil and presented a poster on Identifiers made easy with EZID.
- Kunze also presented at DataCite’s half-day workshop on Persistent Identifiers: Enabling Services for Data Intensive Research.
EZID Partners and Clients
Our current EZID clients include academic institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations and commercial entities. For the full list, see http://ezid.cdlib.org/home/client_list.
New this period:
- Facebase Consortium https://www.facebase.org/
- Landscape Conservation Cooperative http://lccnetwork.org/
- University of Southern California’s ISI Informatics Systems Research Division http://www.isi.edu/research/informatics/
EZID Service Description
EZID (easy-eye-dee) is a production service that gives researchers the ability to create and manage long-term identifiers so that they can to track usage, get credit for their work, share their data, and have the data reused for additional research. As a result, EZID identifiers also make it possible to increase citations, to build on previous work, to conduct new research, and avoid duplicating previous efforts.
EZID Service Manager
Joan Starr contact
EZID Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
More information about EZID is available by contacting us. See also EZID outreach and webinars: http://ezid.cdlib.org/home/outreach.
Service Monitoring and Availability
For information about EZID status, please consider the following options:
- API inquiries; see the API documentation here: http://ezid.cdlib.org/doc/apidoc.html#server-status
- The CDL System Status page here: http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html
- The EZID Status Blog: http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/
- The EZID RSS Feed (from the blog): http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/feed/