DMPTool Service Update: July 2015
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- Strategy for new templates. At least one agency released new requirements this month; the NIH published guidelines for developing genomic data sharing plans (http://gds.nih.gov/pdf/NIH_guidance_developing_GDS_plans.pdf). We learned about it from a member of the library community. Along with our partners, librarians have been crucial for helping us keep up with the shifting landscape of DMP requirements. Stay tuned for a new template as well as a webinar (in the planning stage) to teach best practices for creating public templates. The goal is to harness our collective template-creating power to benefit the greater data management community.
- Bug fixes. We’ve taken inventory and are working through some high priority bug fixes. You can track our progress here (https://github.com/CDLUC3/dmptool/issues); please submit additional issues if you notice anything amiss.
- Collecting feedback, plotting the future. We’re reaching out to the DMPTool community to identify unmet needs and areas for improvement. We want to hear from as many users as possible; submit your feedback through any of the communication channels listed below.
- DMPTool usage to date. The DMPTool provides support for 45 funding agencies, serving 14,000 users from 1500 institutions who have created 8900 data management plans!
DMPTool Service Description
The Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool) provides an easy to use interface that:
- Helps users create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meets funder requirements for data management plans
- Provides step-by-step instructions and guidance for how to manage data
- Provides information about resources and services available at your institution to help fulfill the data management requirements of your grant
DMPTool Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
Documentation and outreach materials: https://github.com/CDLUC3/dmptool/wiki
Connect with the DMPTool
- Service Managers: Stephanie Simms contact, Perry Willett contact
- Please contact us with any questions or general correspondence (Note that campus library contacts have been embedded in the DMPTool and campus users will be directed to a local library contact)
- Read more about the code, the project, and contributing to development on the DMPTool GitHub site: https://github.com/CDLUC3/dmptool
- Log enhancements or bugs on the DMPTool GitHub Issues page: https://github.com/CDLUC3/dmptool/issues
- Check out our DMPTool Facebook and Twitter accounts