DMPTool Service Update: June 2015
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- New Service Manager. We’ve hired a new DMPTool service manager: Stephanie Simms. She is already busy connecting with our partners to create a road map for future development. Stay tuned as we ramp up efforts to promote and enhance the DMPTool!
- New and updated DMP templates. We added two new templates for the US Department of Agriculture – National Institute for Food and Agriculture (USDA-NIFA) and for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). In addition, we revised the templates for the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) in response to their new requirements. Check out the DMPTool blog for complete details.
- New DMPs for federal agencies. We are continuing to track changes and support funders with new requirements in the DMPTool. Please let us know if you are aware of new or updated agency requirements via any of the methods listed on the DMPTool blog: http://bit.ly/1CDqPex
- Planned maintenance. The DMPTool will be unavailable on Wed, July 15 from 5pm–2am PST.
DMPTool Service Description
The Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool) provides an easy to use interface that:
- Helps users create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meets funder requirements for data management plans
- Provides step-by-step instructions and guidance for how to manage data
- Provides information about resources and services available at your institution to help fulfill the data management requirements of your grant
DMPTool Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
Documentation and outreach materials: https://github.com/CDLUC3/dmptool/wiki
Connect with the DMPTool
- Service Managers: Stephanie Simms contact, Perry Willett contact
- Please contact us with any questions or general correspondence (Note that campus library contacts have been embedded in the DMPTool and campus users will be directed to a local library contact)
- Read more about the code, the project, and contributing to development on the DMPTool GitHub site: https://github.com/CDLUC3/dmptool
- Log enhancements or bugs on the DMPTool GitHub Issues page: https://github.com/CDLUC3/dmptool/issues
- Check out our DMPTool Facebook and Twitter accounts