EZID Service Update: April 2015
- This month, the EZID Team worked behind the scenes to migrate EZID to a “cloud-based infrastructure.” While that sounds slightly make-believe, it refers to a way of provisioning information technology (IT) resources that is both flexible and reliable. One of the most attractive features of cloud-based IT services is that the IT environments are sized exactly to the job, even as requirements change over time. This means that EZID can grow and change, and our IT infrastructure will now very easily grow and change with us.
- In addition, we posted slightly updated Service Guidelines on the EZID website under Documentation (http://ezid.cdlib.org/home/documentation). Here is a direct link to the guidelines: http://www.cdlib.org/services/infrastructure/docs/EZIDServiceGuidelines.pdf. The most important change is that we are moving our regularly scheduled maintenance window from Saturday night at 8:00 p.m. to Sunday morning at 8:00 a.m. For your reference, our time zone is UTC‐08:00 (standard time), UTC ‐07:00 (daylight savings time).
EZID Partners and Clients
Our current EZID clients include academic institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations and commercial entities. For the full list, see http://ezid.cdlib.org/home/client_list.
New this period:
- American University Library (on behalf of the AU campus) http://www.american.edu/library/
- Center for Open Science http://centerforopenscience.org/
- Modern Language Association http://www.mla.org/
- New York University Libraries (on behalf of New York University) http://library.nyu.edu/
- Pitt Quantum Repository (at the University of Pittsburgh) http://pqr.pitt.edu/
- University of Auckland http://www.auckland.ac.nz/en.html
EZID Service Description
EZID (easy-eye-dee) is a production service that gives researchers the ability to create and manage long-term identifiers so that they can to track usage, get credit for their work, share their data, and have the data reused for additional research. As a result, EZID identifiers also make it possible to increase citations, to build on previous work, to conduct new research, and avoid duplicating previous efforts.
EZID Service Manager
Joan Starr contact
EZID Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
More information about EZID is available by contacting us. See also EZID outreach and webinars: http://ezid.cdlib.org/home/outreach.
Service Monitoring and Availability
For information about EZID status, please consider the following options:
- API inquiries; see the API documentation here: http://ezid.cdlib.org/doc/apidoc.html#server-status
- The CDL System Status page here: http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html
- The EZID Status Blog: http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/
- The EZID RSS Feed (from the blog): http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/feed/