DMPTool Service Update: March 2015
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- DMPTool future. We are excited to report that we are in the process of hiring a new 2-year position for DMPTool service manager. We look forward to having the capacity to add new features and expand outreach efforts. The new service manager will also be working on community engagement and building support for the DMPTool. Along with the CDL, our partners at University of Virginia, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, UC San Diego and the Smithsonian Institution remain committed to the DMPTool.
- New DMPs for federal agencies. The number of federal agencies with data management requirements continues to grow. We are tracking these changes, and are working to support them in the DMPTool. There are several websites that are monitoring the status of funder responses to the OSTP memo from Feb 2013:
- Columbia University Libraries: http://bit.ly/1BnK0rV
- Oregon State Libraries: http://bit.ly/1yKm0OF
- Association for Research Libraries (ARL): http://bit.ly/1IbcE6R
- SPARC/ARL: http://bit.ly/1FqxED6
We are tracking these changes, and are working to support any funders with new requirements in the DMPTool. We’re also checking for any changes in requirements by funders already supported (e.g., NSF, NIH, etc.). You can help with this effort—read more on the DMPTool blog: http://bit.ly/1arK1ER.
There are now 144 participating institutions that have either configured their campus single-signon or customized the DMPTool for their users.
DMPTool Service Description
The Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool) provides an easy to use interface that:
- Helps users create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meets funder requirements for data management plans
- Provides step-by-step instructions and guidance for how to manage data
- Provides information about resources and services available at your institution to help fulfill the data management requirements of your grant
DMPTool Service Manager
- Perry Willett firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us with any questions or general correspondence. Note that campus library contacts have been embedded in the DMPTool and campus users will be directed to a local library contact.
DMPTool Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
Documentation and outreach materials: https://github.com/CDLUC3/dmptool/wiki.
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html.