Melvyl’s Central Index will be updated more frequently
Because OCLC recently simplified the underlying processes, CDL can now update Melvyl’s Central Index monthly rather than twice yearly (in January and July) as was previously the case.
In March, OCLC added several resources that are licensed UC-systemwide, including some STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) resources, which are currently underrepresented in the Central Index. These resources have been added to all instances of Melvyl’s Central Index. Special thanks to Tony Aponte (UCLA) for energetically advocating for the inclusion of more STEM resources in the Central Index.
- Wiley/IEEE Press Books – Technical books in all fields served by IEEE.
- SAGE Journals from SAGE Publications – Journals from SAGE, one of the world’s largest journal publishers, spanning the Humanities, Sciences, Technology, and Medicine.
- Modern Languages Open from Liverpool University Press – Modern Languages Open (MLO) is a peer-reviewed online platform for the open access publication of research from across the modern languages to a global audience.
- Project Euclid Open Access – An open access collection of high-impact, peer-reviewed titles in theoretical and applied mathematics and statistics.
- SciELO Journals from Scientific Electronic Library Online – SciELO indexes and publishes (open access) in hundreds of peer-reviewed scientific journals to promote the advancement of scientific research.
Learn more about Melvyl’s Central Index on the CDL website: http://www.cdlib.org/services/d2d/melvyl/centralindex.html.