EZID Service Update: March 2015
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- EZID’s CrossRef service went into production this month with CDL’s own eScholarship as the first publisher to make use of the ground-breaking partnership. As a reminder, the EZID CrossRef service means that qualified EZID clients can get EZID DOIs with CrossRef services, a particularly attractive option for Open Access publishers. Interested clients should contact us to learn more about this opportunity.
EZID Partners and Clients
Our current EZID clients include academic institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations and commercial entities. For the full list, see http://ezid.cdlib.org/home/client_list.
New this period:
- Montana State University http://www.montana.edu/
- University of Miami Libraries (on behalf of the U Miami campus) http://library.miami.edu/
EZID Service Description
EZID (easy-eye-dee) is a production service that gives researchers the ability to create and manage long-term identifiers so that they can to track usage, get credit for their work, share their data, and have the data reused for additional research. As a result, EZID identifiers also make it possible to increase citations, to build on previous work, to conduct new research, and avoid duplicating previous efforts.
EZID Service Manager
Joan Starr contact
EZID Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
More information about EZID is available by contacting us. See also EZID outreach and webinars: http://ezid.cdlib.org/home/outreach.
Service Monitoring and Availability
For information about EZID status, please consider the following options:
- API inquiries; see the API documentation here: http://ezid.cdlib.org/doc/apidoc.html#server-status
- The CDL System Status page here: http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html
- The EZID Status Blog: http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/
- The EZID RSS Feed (from the blog): http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/feed/