EZID Service Update: January 2015
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- EZID added new functionality to the User Interface (UI). Starting immediately, you can edit an existing identifier that uses any metadata profile (ERC, Dublin Core or simple DataCite) and convert it to the advanced DataCite XML format using the UI. “Metadata profile” refers to information about the research object being identified, such as title or creator. “ERC,” “Dublin Core” and simple “DataCite” metadata profiles include slightly different mixes of information. More about these profiles is available in EZID’s online help (http://ezid.cdlib.org/home/help).To try this new feature, feel free to create a new demo ID using the simple demo (http://ezid.cdlib.org/demo/simple) and, once it is created, edit it. If you’ve created a DOI, you will see a message inviting you to “Add More Information.” If you have created an ARK, you will be invited to convert the record to the DataCite citation profile.
EZID Partners and Clients
Our current EZID clients include academic institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations and commercial entities. For the full list, see http://ezid.cdlib.org/home/client_list.
New this period:
- Dartmouth College Library (on behalf of the entire Dartmouth campus) http://library.dartmouth.edu
- Laboratory of Computational Physiology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) http://lcp.mit.edu/
- MBF Bioscience http://mbfbioscience.com/
- National University of Ireland, Galway http://www.nuigalway.ie/
- TeachPitch https://www.teachpitch.com/
EZID Service Description
EZID (easy-eye-dee) is a production service that gives researchers the ability to create and manage long-term identifiers so that they can to track usage, get credit for their work, share their data, and have the data reused for additional research. As a result, EZID identifiers also make it possible to increase citations, to build on previous work, to conduct new research, and avoid duplicating previous efforts.
EZID Service Manager
Joan Starr contact
EZID Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
More information about EZID is available by contacting us. See also EZID outreach and webinars: http://ezid.cdlib.org/home/outreach.
Service Monitoring and Availability
For information about EZID status, please consider the following options:
- API inquiries; see the API documentation here: http://ezid.cdlib.org/doc/apidoc.html#server-status
- The CDL System Status page here: http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html
- The EZID Status Blog: http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/
- The EZID RSS Feed (from the blog): http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/feed/