DMPTool Service Update: December 2014
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- Personnel changes here at CDL that affect the DMPTool:
- Trisha Cruse, UC3 Director, has retired from CDL after 20 years of service in UC including her previous position at UCSD. Trisha was one of the main forces behind the DMPTool, as well as all of the others services provided by UC3. More information on her career can be found here: http://cdlib.org/2015/01/12/patricia-cruse-cdl. We wish her the best!
- Carly Strasser, Data Curation Project Manager, has also left her position at CDL and is now working for DataCite. Congrats Carly!
- We’re hiring a Data Management Product Manager. The job requisition closes on Jan 28, 2015. More information is available here:
There are now 126 participating institutions that have either configured their campus single-signon or customized the DMPTool for their users. There are participating organizations in 42 states and the District of Columbia; California leads all states with 20 participating organizations. A map of all participating organizations is available here: http://bit.ly/L85sKj.
DMPTool Service Description
The Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool) provides an easy to use interface that:
- Helps users create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meets funder requirements for data management plans
- Provides step-by-step instructions and guidance for how to manage data
- Provides information about resources and services available at your institution to help fulfill the data management requirements of your grant
DMPTool Service Managers
- Perry Willett firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us with any questions or general correspondence. Note that campus library contacts have been embedded in the DMPTool and campus users will be directed to a local library contact.
DMPTool Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
Documentation and outreach materials: https://github.com/CDLUC3/dmptool/wiki.
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html.