DMPTool Service Update: October 2014
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- Usage. We had the highest number of new users and created plans in a single month in October. There were 472 new users in October, and 500 new plans were created. We now have more than 10,000 users with accounts!
- New Partners. Several institutions became partners in October, including the Los Alamos National Lab and the Marine Biological Laboratory at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution. We also have our first partner outside the US: Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. Welcome!
- Best Practices Template. We added a different kind of template this month. It’s called the “DMP Template from DCC” (Data Curation Centre UK). It’s not tied to a specific set of funder requirements, or to any funder at all. Instead, it’s meant to be an idealized set of requirements for data management, based on recommendations from the DCC. People looking for best practices, or students looking to learn more about data management, can use it to develop data management plans for their projects.
There are now 126 participating institutions that have either configured their campus single-signon or customized the DMPTool for their users. There are participating organizations in 42 states and the District of Columbia; California leads all states with 20 participating organizations. A map of all participating organizations is available here: http://bit.ly/L85sKj.
DMPTool Service Description
The Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool) provides an easy to use interface that:
- Helps users create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meets funder requirements for data management plans
- Provides step-by-step instructions and guidance for how to manage data
- Provides information about resources and services available at your institution to help fulfill the data management requirements of your grant
DMPTool Service Managers
- Perry Willett firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carly Strasser email@example.com
- Trisha Cruse firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us with any questions or general correspondence. Note that campus library contacts have been embedded in the DMPTool and campus users will be directed to a local library contact.
DMPTool Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
Documentation and outreach materials: https://github.com/CDLUC3/dmptool/wiki.
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html.