UC3 Dash Service Update: October 2014
The UC3 Dash (https://dash.ucop.edu) service provides an easy-to-use solution for the effective curation of and access to research data. Dash is a centralized UC3-hosted service, with UC campus and DataONE branded instances.
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- Dash release. We had a successful Dash version 1.1 release on October 28th along with the full release of Dash on November 3rd, 2014. This release includes the rollout of DataONE Dash, which is replacing the DataUp tool. Anyone can use DataONE Dash to deposit data with their Google credentials. The service is available at https://oneshare.cdlib.org. Datasets previously submitted to DataUp are now available in the Dash system. Other live instances of Dash 1.1 include
- UC Berkeley Dash: https://dash.berkeley.edu
- UC Irvine Dash: https://dash.lib.uci.edu
- UCLA Dash: https://dash.ucla.edu
- UC Merced Dash: https://dash.ucmerced.edu
- UCOP Dash: https://dash.ucop.edu
- User Guide. We created a user guide to help researchers search for and deposit datasets in Dash. It’s available at http://cdluc3.github.io/dash/user-guide/.
- Sloan Grant. We received confirmation that the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation funded our proposal to improve the Dash user interface and feature set. The proposal text is available from eScholarship at http://escholarship.org/uc/item/2mw6v93b. Work will begin on this 12-month project soon. Read more on the Data Pub blog: http://datapub.cdlib.org/2014/10/24/dash-project-receives-funding/.
Dash Service Description
Dash is a new, easy-to-use solution for the effective curation of and access to campus research data.
Connect with Dash
- Service manager: Carly Strasser email@example.com
- Please send any questions or general correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read more about the code, the project, and contributing to development on the Dash GitHub site: http://cdluc3.github.io/dash
- Log enhancements or bugs on the Dash GitHub Issues page: https://github.com/cdluc3/dash/issues
- Check out our Dash Facebook, Google+ and Twitter accounts
The Dash project began as DataShare, a collaboration among UC3, the University of California San Francisco Library and Center for Knowledge Management, and the UCSF Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI).