UC3 Dash Service Update: September 2014
UC3 Dash is a systemwide service we are developing in partnership with UC campus libraries. It will allow UC campuses to provide an easy-to-use solution for the effective curation of and access to campus research data. Dash is a centralized UC3-hosted service, with campus-specific branded instances. Dash began as a project with UCSF Library and UCSF CTSI, called “DataShare” (http://datashare.ucsf.edu/).
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- Dash Meeting. An in-person meeting for UC campus partners was held at UCLA on September 25, 2014. The goal of the meeting was to discuss the current status of the project and to determine how best to proceed with the governance and decision-making for Dash as a systemwide service. A summary of the meeting’s outcomes and next steps is available on the Data Pub blog: http://datapub.cdlib.org/2014/09/29/the-dash-partners-meeting/.
- Dash Beta Live. Four campus instances of the Dash service went live (in beta form) on September 24th:
- UC Berkeley (http://dash.berkeley.edu)
- UC Irvine (http://dash.lib.uci.edu)
- UCLA (http://dash.ucla.edu)
- UC Merced (http://dash.ucmerced.edu)
These campuses are encouraged to help us test the system and uncover bugs. More information on testing is available at http://cdluc3.github.io/dash/soft-release/. A more public release of these instances is planned for November 1, 2014.
- Dash GitHub Wiki to Pages. We have transitioned the Dash GitHub wiki pages to a ‘GitHub Pages’ format for better readability. The new site is at http://cdluc3.github.io/dash/. Please redirect your bookmarks to this site. New feature requests and questions can still be added to the GitHub Issues tracker via the same URL: https://github.com/CDLUC3/dash/issues.
- DataONE Dash Update. We are making progress on the creation of DataONE Dash, which will replace the DataUp tool. Read more on this transition at http://datapub.cdlib.org/2014/09/12/dataup-is-merging-with-dash/. We hope to have the new DataONE Dash service available by November 1, 2014.
Dash Service Description
Dash is a new, easy-to-use solution for the effective curation of and access to campus research data.
Dash Service Manager