EZID Service Update: September 2014
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- EZID’s user interface now allows editing of metadata for all identifiers, including those created with the Advanced Create UI screen and even those submitted using the application programming interface (API). To see how this works, you can try one of 2 things:
- Visit EZID’s Demo page (http://ezid.cdlib.org/demo/advanced). Fill in the form and save it. Then, open the saved file to EDIT!
- Log in to EZID and go to the Manage tab. Select one of your existing identifiers and click on EDIT.
- On September 24, EZID hosted a webinar called “Conversations about Data Citation,” moderated by Service Manager Joan Starr. The guest speakers were Matt Mayernik, Project Scientist and Research Data Services Specialist in the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), and Mary Linn Bergstrom, UC San Diego (UCSD) Liaison Librarian and member of the Research Data Curation Program (RDCP). The webinar recording and all slides are available on EZID’s Outreach page: http://ezid.cdlib.org/home/outreach.
EZID Partners and Clients
Our current EZID clients include academic institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations and commercial entities. For the full list, see http://ezid.cdlib.org/home/client_list.
New this period:
- University of Massachusetts Amherst Libraries (on behalf of the UMass Amherst campus) http://www.library.umass.edu/
- University of New Mexico Libraries (on behalf of the UNM campus and DataONE) http://library.unm.edu/
EZID Service Description
EZID (easy-eye-dee) is a production service that gives researchers the ability to create and manage long-term identifiers so that they can to track usage, get credit for their work, share their data, and have the data reused for additional research. As a result, EZID identifiers also make it possible to increase citations, to build on previous work, to conduct new research, and avoid duplicating previous efforts.
EZID Service Manager
Joan Starr contact
EZID Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
More information about EZID is available by contacting us. See also EZID outreach and webinars: http://ezid.cdlib.org/home/outreach.
Service Monitoring and Availability
For information about EZID status, please consider the following options:
- API inquiries; see the API documentation here: http://ezid.cdlib.org/doc/apidoc.html#server-status
- The CDL System Status page here: http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html
- The EZID Status Blog: http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/
- The EZID RSS Feed (from the blog): http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/feed/